Crystal Clear Solutions UK Ltd provides expert bathroom installations for property owners in Canterbury, Maidstone and the wider Kent area. Whether it’s the addition of en-suite facilities, or a new bathroom installation to replace a dated one, we provide a project management service from start to finish. With a combined trade and industry experience of over 40 years, our Gillingham-based team has the skillset and know-how to bring dream bathrooms to life.
As one of the foremost builders covering Canterbury, Maidstone and the surrounding Kent areas, our customers trust us with every aspect of bathroom installation including:
- Free Estimates
- Selection of Premium Materials
- Disposal of Old Bathroom
- New Bathroom Installation
- Full Compliance with Building Regulations
A New Bathroom Installation | What to Expect
While bathroom installation jobs differ from case to case, our start-to-finish service for properties in Canterbury, Maidstone and Kent follows these basic steps.
- After the design phase, our team of builders arrive at the Canterbury, Maidstone or wider Kent area property as scheduled. Before any work begins, we lay carpet protectors throughout the areas of the house we plan to pass through during the bathroom installation. We then turn off the water supply to the bathroom and drain the central heating system.
- The disposal of the old bathroom begins. The bath, bath-screen, shower, shower tray and enclosure, toilet, sink – everything is removed and put into a skip. Where needed, we disconnect electrical connections and cap them off.
- A Crystal Clear Solutions builder then removes the tiling. At this point of the bathroom installation, the room is at its barest, making it an ideal time to assess the walls and windows for any damage. In the best cases, damage is non-existent or minimal, but in other cases repair work will be necessary before the bathroom installation can continue.
- When the bathroom of the Canterbury or Maidstone property is ready, a member of our team fits the first fix electrics. This involves running the cables for any relevant electrical fixtures in the new bathroom installation, such as an extractor fan, underfloor heating, ceiling spotlights and shaver sockets.
- With first fix electrics in the bathroom of the Canterbury or Maidstone property complete, our builder then re-boards the walls with water-resistant plasterboard. At this point of the bathroom installation, the relevant chasing out for hot and cold shower pipes, and the pipework for a heated towel rack, are undertaken.
- The first fix plumbing follows, in which new supply pipework and waste pipework are run to and from the relevant positions of new suite items.
- One of our personnel onsite at the Canterbury, Maidstone or wider Kent area property then prepares the walls for tiling. After “tanking” the walls to make them more resistant to water ingress behind the tiles, we tile over the relevant areas.
- After over-boarding the floor and laying the underfloor heating cables, we lay the floor tiles. When both the wall and floor tiles have set, grouting and sealing takes place.
- The final stages of a bathroom installation consist of second fix electrics, joinery and second fix plumbing. These involve fitting ceiling spotlights and pull cords, a shaver socket, extractor fan, the shower, screens, toilet and cistern, the basin and taps, and any cabinets or additional finishes such as a toilet roll holder or blinds.
Our home improvement services also extend to house renovations, kitchen installation projects and painting and decoration. For ultimate peace of mind, all of our completed work comes with a 6-month guarantee.
For more information on our bathroom installation service in Canterbury, Maidstone and the wider Kent area, call 0333 772 9703 or 07921 808 269.